Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Kitchen Daydreams

A step into our kitchen at it's current state:








It's currently in good condition with working appliances but it's in need of color and personality. The doggy pen is actually out of the kitchen so there is more real estate in the dining area. One day I hope we can replace the vinyl counter tops for treated butcher block and possibly stain the wooden cabinets. In the dining area, I want to create an accent wall by painting the walls a turquoise using a sponge effect. The table and chairs will hopefully be replaced with upholstered bistro metal chairs and a beautiful reclaimed wood table that we will distress ourselves.

what inspires me:

a turquoise accent wall, subway tile or mosaic back splash, Old San Juan house colors, bohemian, rustic, metals, reclaimed wood table, funky area rugs, vintage chandelier, plants, red and yellow accents, open shelves and the like.

source
Color splash! The Moroccan kitchen will brighten your morning! |31 Bright and colorful kitchen design inspirations

country house table by shauna
via pinterest

via wayfair
kitchens | Tumblr

11 Unique Backsplash Ideas, including mosaic tile. #kitchen #design #tile
via bobvilla

via bobvilla psst! check out the cafe bustelo!
Look at this rustic kitchen with the  farmhouse sink-wood cabinets-lots of light and really simple-no upper cabinets just a few open shelves-really like it how bout you?
via pinterest

I think the most exciting things about owning a home is personalizing and having it become a part of who you are as a family. Right now I'm in love with rustic meets Caribbean with a touch of brightness from my favorite color turquoise.  Because I'm almost always in my kitchen and it has automatically became my office or "lady cave" of sorts, I am most eager to start making our kitchen into a cool bohemian, Caribbean place to eat, cook and relax! 

More ideas to come, so stay tuned my dears...
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment