Thursday, April 26, 2018

Life update {4.26.2018}



It's been quite a while since I last posted anything on here. If you don't know by now, I had my beautiful baby boy back in September. Eventually I'll share his birth story! Hopefully I can do that before his first birthday... Which is actually less than five months away. Oh my! 

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you all the things going on with me and my family. Life with two tiny people has been interesting. Having a three year old and a seven month old keeps me busy that's for sure! Life is unpredictable but wonderful. 



Lydia has been diaper free since October. We took her diapers away when Silas was just one month old. It took a little while to get used to going on the potty but once she understood the concept she began to tell me when she needed to go. She goes through good streaks of not having accidents and then sometimes there's days they happen more frequently. This week has been accidents galore and I was feeling lots of mama guilt. I couldn't help myself and at the time I felt like I was doing something wrong. I know it's normal to go through this but I found myself so frustrated and overwhelmed by the situation. I felt so guilty for getting impatient. I needed to stop myself and pray. I prayed to be slow to anger and more compassionate. She is still learning and things will get better. 

However she is sleeping in her own room (without any fight!) which is a huge milestone. She actually LOVES sleeping in her room and looks forward to her bedtime routine. Let me tell you, I feel so at peace knowing she's happy in her own room. For months and months she would put up a big fight every night, and her bed time was always so late. She would always wind up in our bedroom in the middle of the night. As much as we miss her cuddles, we are proud of her and excited for this milestone. Silas will eventually join her. But for now, we are indulging in his baby cuddles for as long as possible!



Silas, our big guy, he is becoming such a little person with a big personality. He is a true sweetheart, loves listening to music, dancing, and eating! We started giving him food around six months but he wasn't into it until a couple weeks ago. Again we skipped the purees and dove right into the baby-led weaning approach. I think his favorite thing to eat lately is roasted apples with cinnamon, spoonfuls of plain full-fat Greek yogurt and banana pancakes. He still loves to nurse though. I think that's his favorite food of them all. :)

I am excited and slightly nervous because he is starting to get onto all fours now. He scoots and tends to move backwards but hasn't quite mastered forward crawling. Lydia started crawling at seven months and Silas is getting closer to becoming more mobile each day! Fortunately for us our house is already baby-proofed. Just need to put the dreaded baby gate back up in our living room. I can see Lydia getting frustrated at it already or better yet trying to climb over it!

As for me and Michael, I have been busy with the kids and tending to our home. Michael's been hardworking between work, church, and us. I love that man.

I am happy I was able to give you all a little update. It only took me four months!! I will be sure to post more things in the future. I forgot how nice and therapeutic it is to write.

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment