Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Something different.


Mmm, chocolate zucchini waffles; I have been meaning to share this delicious breakfast with you. But unfortunately it won't be today. Today I must cover something a little more personal and hopefully a little more exciting.

...I've been a little different these days.

I sleep more.

My jeans are tight.

 I’ve been doing a lot of research lately. Every time I think about something different I’m curious to look it up.

I get random hankerings for hamburgers, pulled pork and bacon; anything savory and meaty will do! Although, I am more careful of what I eat; instead of medium rare burgers, I eat them well-done (blah) and I cook my cold cuts to eliminate my chances of getting listeria. I even replaced wine for apple juice mixed with seltzer.

You know what’s different?

I’m not sick.

I am actually quite healthy.

And so is our baby!!!

Michael and I will be expecting our first child sometime in March 2015 :) 


Some of you may already know this, some of you didn't, and a few of you might have asked me and I have straight out denied it! I knew I was pregnant before I even missed my period back on July 3rd. I guess I just felt different and out of the ordinary so I took a First Response pregnancy test which turned out positive. Feeling skeptical, I bought another box of pregnancy tests the next day and took it as soon as I came home and it was another positive. So naturally, I googled "I took two pregnancy tests and they were both positive" and I learned that false positives are highly unlikely. I looked at the First Response box and read the instructions and the test claimed that if you take the test between 2-3 days before your missed period that it is 97% accurate. I took another one a couple days later and it was positive. I missed my period which is always regular and took another test, partially because it was the last one and because I am a tad bit neurotic. You guessed it guys: positive! In case you didn't get that, I took a total of four pregnancy tests and they were all positive. By then I was convinced but I still called my old gynecologist while visiting with family to confirm it. The receptionist told me I was indeed pregnant if I had taken more than one positive pregnancy test. I felt kind of silly to call but then again I have never been pregnant and am a complete newbie.

We kept our pregnancy a secret between our families until I was 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and it wasn't easy but we managed to survive all the assumptions. We first told Michael's parents by showing them a onesie we got for baby nephew DJ that said "I'm going to be a big cousin!" My mother-in-law got it right away but it took my father-in-law some time; so she had to explain and they were both so excited and we received lots of hugs that night. The following week Michael and I used the same tactic on my parents and again it took them a little while to get it but once they found out they were overwhelmed with happiness! 


Aunt, uncles, and cousins found out by phone calls, word of mouth and little DJ wearing the onesie we ordered for him at a family gathering. Thank you DJ, Aria and David for delivering good news!

I gotta admit, keeping my pregnancy a secret these past couple of months hasn't been easy. I’ve gotten thicker and was exhausted a majority of my entire first trimester, but to be honest on a discomfort scale of 1-10 my first trimester was only a 4. Fortunately like my mom and sister, I didn’t have terrible morning sickness and only a bit of nausea in the beginning. I was just extremely exhausted and had terrible indigestion for about a week that would only occur at night and went away in the morning.

Today was my second appointment with my midwife and we got to listen to the baby’s heartbeat. The baby is healthy, moves around and from our genetic screening two weeks back we noticed he/she is a bit stubborn. Next visit is in six weeks, I will be 20 weeks and we can find out the sex! My energy is coming back as I enter my second trimester and I couldn’t be more blessed to share this wonderful news with you all.

In case you are wondering this pregnancy wasn’t planned and it was quite a surprise for the both of us. Michael’s first response was a stunned “oh boy.” Our original plan was to wait a couple of years but God’s perfect timing said otherwise, and there’s no turning back now! The day we found out we were scared but that initial fear has been replaced with excitement. Joy filled our hearts the day we saw the tiny person whose growing inside of me and it’ll be even more incredible the day we meet baby Wolski.

It’s interesting to note that before I found out I was pregnant, I had been extremely anxious to find a job as a private chef. I had desperately wanted to work because I was feeling the pressure when people asked me if I had found a job yet. But little did I know that God had much bigger plans for me and Michael for our future. Don’t get me wrong my dreams of working as a private chef and caterer are not crushed; they are simply on hold and I trust that God will fulfill those desires once I adapt to being a mama first.

xo,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment