Friday, March 9, 2012

Pancakes for One?!


Hey everyone,
I apologize for being very behind in my blogging; unfortunately for me, I can’t   use “school” or “work” as an excuse because I quit my job due to my hip injury and I’m only taking one class this semester...heh. But that doesn’t stop me from blaming procrastination and a lot of it. Anyway! A few blog posts ago, I mentioned I would post breakfast recipes and that’s why I am sharing a very easy single serving pancake recipe. Because it is a “single serving” it only serves one but it can be easily doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled for that matter!

Banana Pancakes for One!
Dry ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Wet ingredients:
  • ½ banana, mashed
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds (ground flax meal works too)
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
  • ¼ cup non-dairy milk
  • 1 teaspoon honey or agave
Add-ins:
  • Chopped nuts or seeds, fruit, shredded coconut, etc.
Directions:
Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and combine with the mixed wet ingredients. Pour a tablespoon or two of batter into the heated pan and cook on one side for 2-3 minutes. Then flip cooking for another 2 minutes or so. Repeat! Feel free to top your pancakes with maple syrup and fresh fruit. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment